|The Joy/Nockolds Monte Carlo Simulation for Bulk Samples|
This program was first produced by David Joy and then modified by Clive Nockolds and it is Freeware, so you are perfectly at liberty to copy and pass it on to others. Click here to download the small program known as MC. You may find your computer does not like the programme as it was only written for Microsoft XP or earlier operating systems.
1. Enter the symbol for the bulk element (the system will default at element 82 Pb if the element you select is above this level as the information is not available in the program)
2. Enter a primary beam energy.
3. Enter a second energy that for example may be the x-ray energy of an element within the material.
4. Enter a third energy that for example may also be the x-ray energy of an element within the material.
5. You then need to enter the colors that you require, for example 3,5,7 is a good range. NOTE on insert a "," between the first two figures.
6. The TOTAL penetration figure will be displayed, the depth from which x-rays are produced. To obtain an approximate IMAGING figure of se+BSE multiply this value by 0.4.
7. Enter a number of incident beam electrons.
8. Note the beam spread (almost twice the penetration figure) and the number of BSE produced.
9. Make a mistake then press Ctrl C twice to close the program!